We are not fans of paperwork and we do not do fine print but we do have some Ts and Cs. Check ‘em out below…
The use of the MiWay website is subject to certain terms and conditions. Visiting and using the MiWay website or any part thereof implies that you are aware of our terms and conditions and agree to them.
Information on this site
All information on our website is intended as general information about MiWay, our products and services. The information provided on this website should not be treated as professional or investment advice in any way and was correct at the date this was published. As this is our business we may choose to change any content on the site at any time without letting anyone know.
Please note that should you choose to use this website you do so entirely at your own risk. And although we take the law seriously and ascribe to the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, we can’t and won’t accept any liability when you choose to use our website.
So, if you still choose to use our website, here are some things we would like you to know
- All information is viewed, downloaded or printed for personal use only.
- We’ve spent a lot of time building this awesome website so please respect the fact that we own the copyright and intellectual property rights to all content on our website – including logos, other graphics and multimedia elements. If you would like to use any information from our website, please credit us clearly.
- MiWay values your personal information (as defined by the Protection of Personal Information Act). and promises to comply with the Protection of Personal Information Act as well as the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, insofar as it relates to personal information. We will never use your personal information for any purpose other than the reason you gave it to us. We might have to share the information with our business partners to enable us to provide you with the product or service you have enquired about or you might have chosen to take from us but these partners may never sell your details or re-use them.
- Any email address, name, telephone number or fax number from the MiWay website IS NOT to be used for electronic marketing or database building purposes. The fact that we display this information does not imply that we consent to the use of this information for database building purposes.
- Never use any of our trademarks without our written consent. This includes linking to our website in any way. If you do this without our ‘okay’ (written, of course) we are entitled to take legal action and any legal fees and/or associated costs will be for your account.
- Linking to and from our site is really serious to us as we value our reputation hugely. But, if you believe you have a valid case, send us an email to email@example.com and depending on our relationship and business strategy, we may agree or not.
- When using our online tool always keep your login details safe and confidential. This will ensure that nobody can access your information without the necessary authorisation to do so.
- MiWay makes use of display advertising on the internet and makes use of Google Analytics to evaluate and enhance the product and services offered on our website. Information is gathered using a "cookie" which is a computer file transferred automatically from our website to your computer via your browser during an online session. The cookie enables MiWay to gather general information on the use and frequency of the visitor traffic. MiWay and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimise and serve adverts based on a user’s past visits to the MiWay website. There are various ways to block cookies or to opt out by using the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
- We are a truly SA company and abide by the laws of the land. Therefore our website, its content and our business shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
We also can’t promise or guarantee:
- that our website will be available and functional 100% of the time.
- that all downloads from our website will always be free of viruses and will not damage your computer or data on it.
- the nature, content and availability of the third-party links to external websites. We also cannot control or guarantee the accuracy or quality of the information, material and graphics from these websites. The inclusion of any such links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorsement of the views expressed within them. If you come across any external links that don't work, we would be grateful if you could report them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- the security of any data you supply us with online, for practical business reasons and because the law might require it, we need to store some of your information in our databases. Although we have built-in safeguards to ensure the privacy and confidentiality of that information, this is entirely at your own risk.
Some notes on what we allow on our comment forums...
All comments on MiWay’s website appear as they are loaded by you, the public. It is our policy to post ALL comments unless they do not comply with our guidelines below:
- MiWay welcomes all comments – both negative and positive – from anyone, regardless of whether you are a client or not.
- The MiWay comments page is intended for open, transparent conversations in which people discuss and share ideas, notify MiWay of any issues, compliment us and of course ask questions.
- We are committed to maintaining a non-toxic atmosphere. Therefore we do not allow profanity, hate speech, nor do we allow speech that advocates or supports hatred, unlawful activities or violence. Likewise, threats of violence or threats to anyone or any group’s personal safety are not acceptable. We also do not allow false claims or misleading implications that any individual or group perpetuates hate or violence.
- In order to preserve a functional and civil conversation, we do not allow trolls, trollish behaviour - in other words, speech that is solely intended to provoke other users, to cause disorder or confusion, or to inhibit regular, on-topic conversation, or stalking.
- We do not allow speech that is solely intended to provoke other users, to cause disorder or confusion or to inhibit regular, on-topic conversation.
- We do not allow and will delete all comments containing business solicitations or other advertising of personal interests, blogs, or websites.